- Accessibility Policy. Can be found here.
- Proper Conduct. We strive to uphold a safe, fun, family-oriented environment. As such, we expect proper, respectful conduct on the premises at all times. We do not permit disrespectful conduct toward our members, guests, employees (“Team Members”), vendors or property including, including but not limited to vulgar, profane, indecent, offensive, violent, hostile, aggressive, threatening, harassing, stalking, fraudulent, or other inappropriate conduct or communications.
Additionally, you agree to inform us immediately of any inappropriate conduct or communications by a Team Member. Any reported inappropriate conduct or communications by you or a Team Member will be investigated thoroughly. Inappropriate behavior from you to Team Members and vice versa will not be tolerated. We have the right to refuse or discontinue services to anyone at any time.
- Session Length. Sessions includes a maximum of 10 minutes for consultation and dressing. A 60 MIN session consists of 50 minutes of hands-on service. A 90 MIN session consists of 80 minutes of hands-on service.
- General Hygiene. We expect you to uphold general personal hygiene and refrain from excessive use of scented oils, lotions, colognes, perfumes or other fragrances.
- Weapons. You may not bring or use weapons of any kind on our premises for any reason.
- Proper Attire. You must wear proper attire at all times. You may undress to your comfort level prior to your session and once the Team Member has left the room. You must be fully clothed or appropriately draped by the treatment table sheet and/or blanket when a Team Member is present in the treatment room and when the treatment door is open. You are considered fully clothed if securely dressed in a spa issued robe.
Modest draping is always utilized. All body parts that you have provided both implied and informed consent to be worked, per time allowed, with exception of genital and breast areas. An exception is in the case of a Brazilian and bikini wax service, and these services can only be performed on female clients.
- Personal Belongings. We have lockers for your use at some locations. Do not bring or store any valuables on the premises, including watches, jewelry or large amounts of cash. Do not leave valuables in plain view in your vehicle. Be sure your vehicle is locked. We are not liable or responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property, whether from lockers, vehicles or other locations on the premises. Phone inquiries regarding lost items are not allowed.
- Injuries. If you are injured while on the premises, please seek immediate assistance from a Team Member. A Team Member can provide or arrange for appropriate medical assistance and complete an incident report.
- Physical Examination. We strongly encourage that you have a complete physical examination prior to any service. You must disclose any and all physical, medical, pre-limitations, conditions or specific sensitivities etc. that you are aware of on the Health Registration form at your initial visit. You are responsible for keeping your file updated with any changes. You are expected to inform a Team Member if you feel any discomfort during a session.
- Cell Phones and Other Mobile Devices. Please use common courtesy when using mobile devices areas of the spa.
- Photography and Video. Professional photography and recording of video on the premises is not allowed without the advance approval. You must first have consent to photograph or video any other person, member, guest, or Team Member.
- Massage Retreat & Spa and The Zone Wireless Network. By accessing the wireless network, you agree not to use the wireless network to transmit any material that violates any applicable laws, rules or regulations or to defame, harm or threaten or attempt to harm other persons, businesses or other entities. You also agree not to use our wireless network to transmit any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party. You agree not to violate the security or integrity of our wireless network or to use our network to violate the security or integrity of any other network. Any such acts may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. Use of this wireless connection is entirely at your risk and Massage Retreat & Spa and The Zone disclaims all liability for loss of confidential information or damages resulting from that loss. We make no promises, representations or warranties of any kind concerning the suitability or security of this service and specifically disclaim all warranties of fitness for a particular purpose of security. The wireless service is provided “As Is.” You will remain connected to the wireless network until you disconnect and will automatically upon entry into the wireless network radius. By using the wireless service, you agree to indemnify us, our officers and agents against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses made against or incurred, suffered or sustained arising out of your use of the wireless service and agree that in no event will we be liable for any damages, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your use of or inability to use the wireless service. We may block access or terminate the wireless service at any time and for any reason, and assume no liability for doing so. We may record information about your usage of our network and may use or disclose such information when appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Massage Retreat & Spa and The Zone.
- Food. You may not bring your own food into the spa, but you may bring clear non-alcoholic liquids in closeable, unbreakable bottles.
- Alcohol. You may not consume alcohol on the premises.
- Drugs. You may not use, possess or sell any illegal drug on the premises. You may not use our services or programs while under the influence of illegal drugs. You should not use, or should stop using, any service or program if your prescription medication adversely impacts or influences your ability to safely receive services.
- Smoking. You may not smoke, chew or use any other tobacco or electronic cigarette products on premises.
- Center Closure or Access Restrictions. We reserve the right to close or restrict access, without advance notice, to any area of or the entire spa or premises for any reason, including but not limited to closures or restrictions related to construction, remodeling, repair, or maintenance (whether planned or unplanned) or for health or safety reasons, including but not limited to weather, natural disasters, power outages, and medical issues. Your obligation to pay membership dues is not dependent upon usage, availability or access to any specific location. Additionally, if we decide to close any location, at our sole discretion, your membership will not be considered cancelled so long as other locations are open for business.
- Illness. You may not enter the premises if you have a contagious illness that may be transferred through ordinary use of our equipment, services or programs. You must cover exposed lesions or rashes. Services may be denied for unidentified lesions or rashes.
- Animals. You may not bring any animal on the premises unless it is a service animal performing its duties in the care of a person who requires its assistance or is an on-duty law enforcement animal (“exempt animals”). All exempt animals must be licensed, vaccinated and have identification tags (where applicable); must remain leashed or caged and under a responsible person’s control at all times; and must be removed immediately if it causes a disturbance, interrupts the work of others or poses a health or safety risk to those who are exposed to it. The animal’s owner must promptly remove animal waste and is liable for any damage caused by the animal.
- Damage to Spa. You may not damage the spa in any way, including but not limited any damage to, or theft of, equipment, linens, towels, treatment supplies or other spa property.
MINOR & PREGNANT MEMBERS
- Minor Clients. Child care is not provided. Minors aged twelve (12) to fourteen (14) must always be accompanied by a parent/guardian while in the facility, and may not wait alone in the lobby, treatment rooms, or other areas of the facility. Minors under the age of twelve (12) are not allowed in treatment rooms at any time.
We do not provide massage or facial services to minors under the age of twelve (12), or recovery services to minors under the age of sixteen (16).
All minors under the age of sixteen (16) receiving a service must have their parent/guardian present in the room throughout the entire service session. Receiving service(s) together in the same treatment room qualifies.
All minors under the age of sixteen (16) will be scheduled with the same gender technician. Minors aged sixteen (16) and seventeen (17) may see a technician of the opposite gender when approved by a parent/guardian and the servicing technician.
A parent/guardian of a minor aged twelve (12) to seventeen (17) must provide written permission via the Minor Consent Form prior to the minor receiving any service(s). The form must be signed and dated by the parent/guardian in the presence of a team member while inside the facility.
- Prenatal Clients. We provide service to clients who are pregnant. Not all services offered are available to pregnant clients. All prenatal clients must be outside of their first trimester (12 weeks) or have explicit written consent from their licensed prenatal healthcare provider outlining the necessity of earlier treatment. A Team Member may deny service at any time and for any reason.
Women experiencing high-risk pregnancies should consult their licensed prenatal healthcare provider before coming in for massage or skin services(s). Approved massage services will be performed via sideline positioning with a supportive cushion system to relieve pressure and provide comfort during the session.
Pregnant clients are required to sign the Prenatal Consent Form prior to receiving service(s).
- Sessions and Reservations: You are expected to be on time for all scheduled sessions and reservations. If you are late for your scheduled session, the reservation session will not be extended. You must inform us if you wish to cancel a scheduled session or reservation at least 24 hours before your scheduled session, failure to provide such notice will result in a $35 cancellation fee, or a full service charge for services of a lesser value.
- Initial Term 3-Day Right to Cancel: You may terminate your membership within the first 3 business days of signing. To terminate you must bring in your agreement, corresponding paperwork and any certificates received at time of join to the location you originally joined. Upon this action, you are entitled to a full refund, less fees, equal to any services received. Additional service fees may apply, and are required to be paid before termination.
- Banked Sessions: Sessions generate monthly and will remain on your account until serviced. Unlimited services do not accrue or bank monthly sessions.
- Freeze: After your Initial Term, your membership may be frozen for a maximum of 180 days (6 payments) per year. A freeze request must be submitted 5 business days before a scheduled dues payment for that payment to be included in the freeze. During the freeze period, members are considered inactive and receive no member benefits, including any unlimited services, but access to banked sessions remains. After the freeze period active member status is automatically reinstated, member benefits resume, and monthly dues are charged per the original membership agreement. Memberships will be extended based on length of the freeze period until the initial agreement has been fulfilled.
- Membership Termination Policy: After your Initial Term, memberships require an advance 30-day notice to cancel. Your membership must be in good standing to terminate. If your membership is frozen or past due, it must be activated and brought into good standing prior to your termination request. A 30-day notice to terminate your membership can be submitted online via electronic form on MassageRetreat.com or in person by filling out a Membership Cancellation Form. Until confirmation, you are responsible for all membership dues, fees, or other amounts owing.
- Membership Termination for Cause. Exceptions to the Membership Termination Policy will be made upon medical requirement, death or permanent disability. You must provide us with third-party documentation (ex. power of attorney, medical documentation, etc.) for termination for cause. Upon receipt and confirmation of these documents, per one of these qualifying events, further membership dues payments are relieved. Payments received prior to receipt of approved documentation are not eligible for refund. With a Paid-In-Full Membership, upon death only, a refund for the portion of dues remaining on the membership will be provided.
- Member Status Changes (Freezes/Terminations/Requested Changes) are to be requested via electronic form at MassageRetreat.com. You may also cancel in person by filling out a Membership Cancelation Form.
- Nonpayment of Dues: All dues payments in accordance with your membership agreement are required to be paid. If a membership dues payment does not successfully auto-draft, the account is considered past due. Updated payment information must be provided as soon as possible. Failure to provide accurate payment information does not nullify the agreement. After 2 missed dues, the membership is terminated and all exclusive member benefits expire.